James & Williams Jewelers
Terms and Conditions of Use of this Website
Information Posted on jwjewelers.com
We make every effort to provide the most recent, accurate and reliable information on our website. However, there may be times when information displayed on jwjewelers.com may contain incomplete data, typographical errors, inaccuracies, or outdated information (for example, when an item featured on the website is no longer available). We make no warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information accessible via this website. Any errors are unintentional and we apologize if erroneous information is reflected in product pricing or availability. We will do our best to minimize any impact erroneous information may have on your individual order. jwjewelers.com reserves the right to correct errors and update product information at any time. Of course, we will make every effort to provide you with current prices at the time you place your order. However, we do not agree to make any reparations for the results of erroneous information.
We cannot warrant that the jwjewelers.com website will operate uninterrupted, error-free, without defects, or that jwjewelers.com or its server will be free of viruses or other harmful elements. As a visitor of this website, your access is undertaken at your own risk. We are not liable for any damages related to your access of or inability to access this website, even if jwjewelers.com knew or should have known of the potential for such damages.
We make every attempt to avoid errors in pricing and product information. If a mistake occurs, we reserve the right to correct it, and we apologize for any inconvenience it may cause. All prices listed on this site are in U.S. dollars.
Changes to jwjewelers.com
In order to keep jwjewelers.com current with our latest product inventory, we frequently change the products offered via this website. We cannot guarantee that an item displayed on a previous visit to jwjewelers.com will still be available when you visit jwjewelers.com again. We reserve the right to make changes to the merchandise offered by this website at any time and without prior notice. If you are at any time unable to locate an item you viewed on a previous visit to jwjewelers.com, please contact us using the following contact information:
E-mail us: email@example.com
Call us: (708) 788-9200
Write us: 7020 W. Cermak Road Berwyn, IL 60402
We will make every effort to accommodate your shopping needs.
We have made every effort to accurately display the products featured on jwjewelers.com. However, the colors we use and the capabilities of your computer monitor may affect the colors visible on your screen. As such, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display will be accurate. Please remember, however, that jwjewelers.com unconditionally guarantees your satisfaction with any merchandise order. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason whatsoever, you may return it within 30 days of purchase to our store located at 7020 West Cermak Road, Berwyn, Illinois 60402 or directly to jwjewelers.com.
This site and its contents are provided solely for personal, noncommercial use and for no other purpose. Any downloading or copying of the materials here in is permitted for such personal, noncommercial use only. No right, title or interest in such materials is transferred to you upon such copying or downloading, and such materials may not be transferred, linked, reproduced, retransmitted or otherwise distributed or displayed, in whole or in part.
Copyright and Trademark
All contents are protected by U.S. and international copyright, © 2010 James & Williams Jewelers, Inc. All rights reserved. All software and other technology components of this Web site are protected by U.S. and international copyright. All rights reserved. James & Williams JEWELERS is a trademark of James & Williams Jewelers, Inc. James & Williams Jewelers reserves all of its rights with regard to this mark and any other trademarks or service marks appearing on jwjewelers.com. This site may also contain trade names and trademarks of other companies that are the property of their respective owners.
Disclaimer of Warranty:
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) THEREIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL JAMES & WILLIAMS (INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS OR PROGRAMMERS) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (COLLECTIVELY, “DAMAGES”) THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THEREON, NOR SHALL JAMES & WILLIAMS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND JAMES & WILLIAMS’S REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THIS SITE’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS, OR SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO A NEGLIGENT ACT, WILL JAMES & WILLIAMS OR ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, EVEN IF JAMES & WILLIAMS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU DOWNLOAD ALL MATERIAL AT YOUR OWN RISK.
ANY PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES DESCRIBED ON THE SITE ARE OFFERED IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE THEY MAY BE LEGALLY OFFERED FOR SALE. THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS NOT AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION BY ANYONE IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH AN OFFER OR SOLICITATION CANNOT LEGALLY BE MADE, OR TO ANY PERSON TO WHOM IT IS UNLAWFUL TO MAKE A SOLICITATION.
Warranties and return rights concerning such products are governed by terms provided elsewhere in this site and by applicable law.
Choice of Law
If any disputes arise between us regarding your use of this website, such disputes shall be resolved according to the laws of the State of Illinois. Any causes of action which may arise as a result of the use of this website must be brought in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois or the federal district court sitting in Cook County, Illinois.
U.S. Currency Only
This website conducts business in U.S. currency only.
James & Williams Jewelers
Credit Card Policy
Credit Card Security
PLEASE NOTE THAT NORMAL E-MAIL (SUCH AS USING “CONTACT US” OR YOUR HOME E-MAIL) IS NOT ENCRYPTED AND THUS IS NOT A SECURE MEANS FOR TRANSMITTING CREDIT CARD INFORMATION OR ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU WISH TO KEEP PRIVATE AND SECURE.
We encrypt your personal information, including your name, address, and credit card number when transmitting over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security software. We constantly update our security procedures and enhance our site to meet the very latest encryption standards. We retain a third party security firm to audit our procedures to ensure compliance with these standards. All of your sensitive information is scrambled before, during and after your order is placed on our site.
You may notice an unbroken key or a closed lock at the bottom of the page when you enter our “check-out” page. This means that your browser has opened a secure connection with our site. You can also check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.”
Sales/Use tax notice for our customers in Oklahoma:
- James & Williams is a non-collecting retailer. We are not required to collect Oklahoma sales or use tax and therefore we do not do so.
- Your purchase is subject to Oklahoma use tax unless it is explicitly exempt.
- Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by catalog or by other remote methods.
- Oklahoma requires Oklahoma purchasers to report all untaxed purchases and to pay tax on those purchases, which may be done on the Oklahoma individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return.
- All necessary forms and instructions are available at the Oklahoma Tax Commission website: http://www.tax.ok.gov .
- James & Williams cannot give you any advice regarding Oklahoma’s tax rules. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your tax advisor if you have any questions.
Sales/Use tax notice for our customers in Colorado:
- James & Williams is a non-collecting retailer. We are not required to collect Colorado sales or use tax and therefore we do not do so.
- Your purchase is not exempt from Colorado sales or use tax merely because it was made over the Internet or by other remote means.
- The State of Colorado requires that you (1) file a sales or use tax return at the end of the year reporting all of the taxable Colorado purchase that were not taxed, and (2) pay tax on those purchases.
- Details of how and when to file the return may be found at the Colorado Department of Revenue’s website: www.taxcolorado.com.
- James & Williams cannot give you any advice regarding Colorado’s tax rules. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your tax advisor if you have any questions.
Sales/Use Tax Notice For Our Customers In Kentucky:
- James & Williams is a non-collecting retailer. We are not required to collect Kentucky sales tax and therefore we do not do so.
- Your purchase may be subject to Kentucky use tax unless the purchase is exempt from taxation in Kentucky.
- Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means.
- The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires Kentucky purchasers to report all purchases of tangible personal property or digital property that are not taxed by the Company and pay use tax on those purchases unless exempt under Kentucky law. The tax may be reported and paid on the Kentucky individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. These forms and corresponding instructions may be found on the Kentucky Department of Revenue’s Internet Web Site: http://revenue.ky.gov.
- James & Williams cannot give you any advice regarding Kentucky’s tax liability rules. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your tax advisor if you have any questions.
Sales/Use Tax Notice For Our Customers In South Dakota:
- James & Williams is a non-collecting retailer. We are not required to collect South Dakota sales or use tax and therefore we do not do so.
- Your purchase is subject to state use tax unless it is specifically exempt from taxation.
- Your purchase is not exempt merely because the purchase is made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means.
- South Dakota requires each South Dakota purchaser to report any purchase that was not taxed and pay tax on the purchase. The tax may be reported and paid on the South Dakota use tax form.
- The use tax form and corresponding instructions are available on the South Dakota Department of Revenue website: http://dor.sd.gov/.
- James & Williams cannot give you any advice regarding South Dakota’s tax rules. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your tax advisor if you have any questions.
Sales/Use Tax Notice For Our Customers In Louisiana (effective 7/1/17):
- James & Williams is a non-collecting retailer. We are not required to collect Louisiana sales tax and therefore we do not do so. However, your purchase is subject to Louisiana use tax unless is it specifically exempt. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it was made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means. Louisiana law requires that use tax liability be paid annually on your individual income tax return or through other means as may be required by administrative rule by the secretary in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act. Tax forms and corresponding instructions are available on the Louisiana Department of Revenue website: http://www.rev.state.la.us/.
- James & Williams cannot give you any advice regarding Louisiana’s tax rules. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your tax advisor if you have any questions.
Sales/Use Tax Notice For Our Customers In Vermont (effective 7/1/17):
- James & Williams is a non-collecting retailer. We are not required to collect Vermont sales or use tax and therefore we do not do so. However, Vermont sales or use tax is due on your purchase unless it is specifically exempt. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it was made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means. Vermont law requires that you pay the sales or use tax due on your tax return. Tax forms and corresponding instructions are available on the Vermont Department of Revenue website: http://tax.vermont.gov/.
James & Williams cannot give you any advice regarding Vermont’s tax rules. Therefore, we recommend that you contact your tax advisor if you have any questions.
James & Williams Jewelers
When you visit our website, you can browse without having to give us any personal information. Your internet service provider is automatically recognized, but you will not be identified as an individual. We track use of the website by our visitors; however, unless you sign in as a customer, all tracking will be done anonymously. If you choose to provide information in connection with your use of our website, including but not limited to, your name, your date of birth, your email address and your telephone number, this information will only be used as described in this policy.
Why We Collect the Information
We collect personal information in order to enhance your shopping experience in the following ways:
- To provide the products and services you request;
- To process your orders;
- For marketing and promotional purposes; and
- To ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible.
How the Information is Used
We use your personal information to facilitate your on-line shopping experience.
We also use the information to maintain data to measure our business. Information such as demographics and other statistical data also help us keep track of how well we are doing. We can use the data to improve our products and better serve the needs of our customers in the future. We collect this type of data anonymously and without personally identifiable information.
We do not sell or exchange any personal information of our customers with any third parties. However, we may release your personal information in the event we are compelled to do so by court order or other requirement of law, or if we, in good faith, believe such release is advisable or necessary.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The website is not directed at children, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children.
We may send you catalogs or e-mails to inform you of new products, services and special offers. If you would prefer not to be contacted about such special offers, products or services, please notify us of such preference using any of the contact information set forth below. Please be aware that we will honor all opt-out requests, however, there may be a delay between your submission of such request and the actual removal of your name and contact information from our mailing lists as these are generated well in advance of our actual mailings.
- E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: (708) 788-9200
- Write us: 7020 W. Cermak Road Berwyn, IL 60402
Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to third party websites operated by individuals or companies unrelated to James & Williams Jewelers. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party websites. These linked websites are for your convenience only and you access them at your own risk. We recommend that you review the privacy policies posted on such third party websites prior to utilizing them.
Upon request we will inform you of the existence, use or disclosure of your personal information. Please feel free to contact us at any time with any questions or complaints you may have or to edit your personal information or have it removed from our database. We can be reached by any of the means of contact included in the Choice/Opt-Out provision set forth above.